Error 5 on install? (Adobe help needed.)

Our Icons 4 Design plugin has been getting roughly 10K installations/month in recent months, but we very occasionally (maybe twice in past month) get complaints about installation failures.

It seems to be “error 5”, and only on Windows. (That latter may be a red herring.)

I suspect it may be “out of storage” since the 10MB download expands into 50MB+. (Yes, thousands of icon files.)

When it comes to installation problems, of course we’re entirely in the dark, and don’t really have any recourse, so I’m grasping for straws here. Could anyone at Adobe at least tell me what “error 5” would mean?

It doesn’t ring a bell, so the best next step is to gather some additional info from those users:

• What version of Windows are they on? Any pattern there?
  • What version of XD are they on? Are they prerelease users, or the main public release?
  • Grab their AdobeXD.log file, and get the timestamp of when they saw the error message so we know where to look in the logs.
    • Assuming they’re not prerelease users, this is at \Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\ LocalState\AdobeXD.log

OK, thanks, that’s helpful.

Can you find out what that particular error is?