XD 21 has shipped, with huge upgrades for plugins! If you see a lot of exclamation points in the overview below, well, that’s because we’re pretty excited about this release
Panel UI – Plugins can now show UI persistently in a side panel!
- How to define a panel
- Panel overview / reference
- Panel Quick Start tutorial
- Migrating from dialogs to panels
New ‘UXP 3’ CSS / layout engine
- Inline layout for links, bold/italic spans, etc!
- SVG UI icons!
- CSS gradients
- Radio buttons
- Lots more improved CSS support
To enable this new UI engine, you must set
minVersionto 21 or above. These changes will likely break the layout of any existing plugin UI, so plugins run in a compatibility mode by default. Opt into the new engine by bumping up your
minVersion, and then be sure to test all the UI states of your plugin to make sure appearance is correct.
- Adobe Tech Blog: full developer blog post
- Detailed XD 21 API changelog
- Complete diff of all API docs changes
- XD 21 new features for end users – new stakeholder/reviewing features
Happy coding – we can’t wait to see great things you build!