XD 26 is here with some exciting new features for plugin developers!
Drag & drop support
- Enable users to drag image/text content from your plugin panel UI into the XD document.
- Enable arbitrary drag/drop gestures that are fully contained within your plugin UI.
- Not yet supported: Dragging content onto your plugin from an outside source (e.g. dropping files on your plugin UI, or dragging images from another app into your plugin).
- See the drag/drop API release notes or our drag/drop sample code.
- Don’t forget to update your plugin’s
minVersionif you are going to rely on drag & drop features.
Plugin debugging (beta) – use the Chrome DevTools UI (CDT) to debug your plugin
- XD may be unstable while debugging. Don’t debug when you have important XD files open.
- Sources tab – Set breakpoints, pause & stop through code, inspect the values of variables.
- Console tab – View objects and run code in the Console view.
- Warning: Console does not show all messages reliably yet. Use XD’s Developer Console view as a backup.
- Elements tab – View and edit the DOM structure of your plugin’s UXP UI, and view some CSS.
- Warning: many other features in Elements do not work yet.
- Other CDT features do not work correctly yet.
- Read the plugin debugging tutorial to learn how to enable debugging.
As always, let us know what you think, and tell us all about what you’re building!