XD 29 adds some great new APIs for plugin developers!
Plugin runtime upgraded to UXP 3.4.4 – adding support for
innerText, text field
appearance: none, SVG icon polygon/polyline support, and more. See full changelog for details.
Two notes on breaking changes:
- The format of
ImageFill.toString()has changed a bit.
offsetYvalues are incorrect (an existing known issue) – but they will be changed to correct values in the next XD release, so do not rely on the current bad values in your code.
Also, we’ve recently updated the plugin submission site: it’s been renamed from “Adobe I/O Console” to “Adobe Developer Console,” and added some cool new features:
- Preview how your listing will look in XD before submitting it for review.
- Publish updates at a specific time of your choosing by opting out of instant publishing when your plugin submission is approved.
Check back here for a post with more details in the near future!
- Detailed developer changelog
- Complete diff of all API docs changes
- Larger XD developer blog post
- More XD new features for end users
Happy plugin building – looking forward to seeing what you’ll create next!